A candlelight vigil in remembrance of victims of the shooting in Orlando is set for 7:30 p.m. to 9 p.m. Thursday, June 16 at the Maple Street Plaza on Valley Parkway across from City Hall. The names of the departed will be read and prayers will be offered from various faith traditions including Christian and Muslim.
The vigil is sponsored by Escondido Together, a project of Escondido religious leaders.
For additional information, call Pastor Meg Decker of Trinity Episcopal Church, 845 Chestnut Street, Escondido at (760) 743-1629 (church) or (760) 500-0495 (cell).
About Escondido Faith Leaders Council
Recent events included:
- National Day of Prayer
Thursday, May 5, 2016 at 6 p.m.
Grape Day Park
- César Chávez Interfaith Breakfast
Saturday, April 2, 2016 at 8 a.m.
Park Avenue Community Center
Escondido Faith Leaders include:
- Sister Mary Lou Carlson from Church of the Resurrection
- Rev. Elizabeth Crandall from the American Universalist Temple
- Rev. Willian deBos from First United Methodist Church
- Rev. Meg Decker from Trinity Episcopal Church
- Karem Elhams from the Islamic Society of North County
- Rev. Daren Erisman from Bethlehem Lutheran Church
- Mary Ferro from Interfaith Community Services
- Rev. Jerry Fetterly from the Creative Center for Spiritual Living
- Father Scott Herrera from St. Mary Parish Catholic Church
- Connie Rico from Church of the Resurrection
- Verna Sundquist from the Baha’i Spiritual Assembly
- Rev. Sharon Wylie from Chalice Unitarian Universalist Congregation
Be the first to comment on "Interfaith Vigil for Orlando shooting victims"